Thursday 7 September 2017

TH Thursday

THinking, THinking, THinking...

THinking THoughts, and being THankful on THursdays.


Sad day last weekend, one of my classmates passed away on Saturday afternoon. This was the third classmate this year, all were just 50 years old. Two from cancer and this one was sudden, a heart attack I believe. All leaving behind families, friends, and such heartache. 

So I am thankful for each and every day.
I try and live each day the best I can, because as they say, tomorrow is never promised.
I try and treat people the way I want to be treated, and we've raised our boys to do the same.
I forgive for when asked forgiveness and even forgive when not asked - for the most part, it's hard!
If I can compliment someone, I do. If I can encourage someone, I will. If I can help someone, I do.
And I know I can always smile! And hugs? Always willing!

5 comments:

Katie said...

There is so much suffering around the world. Each day we are breathing is very precious. You just never know what tomorrow brings. Big Hugs. Sorry for the loss.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So sorry for your loss. It does seem that sometimes the first thing I say to my husband is "guess who has gone now?" We must make the most of every minute we have here.

Barb said...

Sorry to hear about the sad news about folks you know. Each normal day really is a precious gift. Maybe that is enough to be thankful for.

Debbie W. said...

Such sad news, harder still because those lost are in your very own age bracket. I spent today with my 90 year-old mom, who happened to say that, the older she gets, the more she appreciates the "precious beauty" there is to be seen all around us. Losing loved ones is another reminder of the "precious beauty" that we should try to stop and appreciate whenever we can.

Brigitte said...

These are sad news for you, Astrid.
Carpe Diem has been my motto for many years now and I try to make something out of each day.