Thursday 9 March 2017

TH Thursday

THinking, THinking, THinking...

THinking THoughts, and being THankful on THursdays.


Today I asked Nathan the question -
What are you thankful for today and/or every day?
"God, my family, my friends, my cats, my home, clean water, and food."
And then I got a hug and a kiss!

Today, I was sad and thankful.
I went by the cemetery just down the road from us to visit my father-in-law's grave. Unfortunately, I never met him, but his son is pretty fantastic.
I also saw some friends graves - a Mom from school, a "boy" I used to babysit for when I was a teenager, a teacher's daughter, and a friend's baby but really thinking of the Mom since she died last year.
But I'm thankful because I have memories that I can look back on and smile. So remember that tomorrow is never promised, make memories today!

4 comments:

Barb said...

Your post could not be more correct. Each "normal" day is truly a blessing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your son is wonderful, isn't he?
It is important to treasure the good times we have with people while they are here with us.

Debbie W. said...

What a great thing to remember: "tomorrow is never promised, make memories today". I love that! :)

Katie said...

Over the weekend my mother's cousins had an anniversary party. I only get to see these people it seems at funerals unfortunately so I was so thankful to get to go along and enjoyed catching up with my distant relatives. Your son is right on. Glad he knows to appreciate what he has.