Friday 29 January 2016

Snowzilla 2016 - SNOW many pics!

We survived, too bad our snowmen didn't!
They're actually just buried now, they should spring back to life next season.
Baltimore got about 29", we might have gotten a little more or less, but it's hard to tell since the wind was blowing it around.

It started snowing Friday evening, it looked so pretty.
We were stocked up with food and merriment, ready for it!

We acquired Nana's car and by Saturday morning, it was buried - at least I think that's it!

DH started snowblowing Saturday afternoon and also helped out two of our neighbors. He's a big kid playing with his toy, he enjoyed it!

I'm so happy that I filled the bird feeders before it hit. I think they were too!

And here it is late Saturday night, finally stopped snowing.

Nathan finally went out on Sunday, too cold for me.
 

Of course the squirrels were getting their share from the "squirrel proof" feeder!

Patiently waiting their turn.

By Sunday afternoon, our road was cleared. But it's also an emergency snow route so that helped. Some of the roads in the county didn't get plowed until Thursday/Friday!

Good thing DH did some of the driveway on Saturday!

Off he goes!

Nathan tried to dig himself a tunnel, but didn't get very far.

So DH used the snowblower in the yard to create a mound of snow for him. He was also buried in it! 

Even the gmen went out and had some fun.

Making a hole for Nathan.

Just big enough for him and his friend.

I got this shot in the middle of the night while in my pj's and slippers, just a little chilly out there!

Thankfully, we never lost power, I don't think anyone did. It was windy enough for the snow to be blown off the power lines, but not strong enough to do any damage - best situation!
Because there was so much snow and it took such a long time to clear the roads, parking lots, sidewalks, etc, the schools were closed all week. Better safe than sorry and hey, Nathan and I were able to watch all the Harry Potter movies during the week! He had only seen the 1st one, so it was quite a treat for him. Now I told him he needs to read the books and get all the details that he had questions about in the movies.

While we were watching the movies, I was able to stitch every night. So here she is so far, bring on the next snow storm! (Doubtful!)

14 comments:

Jacqueline Morris said...

My word! Awesome snow photos!!
Wish we had snow like that here in southern England, it's so pretty.....but cold I am sure!
Lovely stitching too :)
Smiles :)

Brigitte said...

Very impressive pictures, Astrid. At least the kids seemed to have fun with these heaps of snow enjoying being outside and playing.

Linda said...

I love watching the snow. I would like to spend a winter where there was tons of snow as long as I don't have to go out in it. Lovely stitching Astrid.

Linda

cucki said...

Wow beautiful pictures..lots of snow wowww
Love the mermaid stitch too x

Justine said...

How exciting being snowed in! As long as you have plenty of supplies and power of course.

Your stitching is beautiful and the fabric is so lovely!

Julie said...

Oh my, what a deluge you had. Your home looks so magical with the snow around it. Looks like a fun time was had by the menfolk, you did well with the stitching and staying inside warm and cosy.

Vickie said...

Thank God for our snowblowers, right?! Good for the boys getting out there with Nathan.

Katie said...

Wow! Just beautiful! I would love a snowstorm like that. We've had like 13 inches before but nothing like that.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh my goodness, what a lot of snow! I'm so pleased we don't have that much in my part of the country.
It does make for good stitching progress though, your mermaid is looking great.

Emma/Itzy said...

Great photos - I am SO jealous!

Sara said...

Glad to see you're all ok and warm, even if a few things did get buried! Great progress on your stitching.

Maggee said...

Wow--that was a LOT of snow! Imagine if it had not stopped Saturday night!! Thanks for sharing all the pictures! Looks like fun was had by all your men! What fun Nathan must have had in his snow cave! Hugs!

Smily-Света said...

Oh, this snow reminds my childhood in Kamchatka. We were just happy and spent all days long outdoors, building castles inside the snow :) Adults were not so happy :)
At the place I live now there's no much snow. Sometimes there is no snow at all! Frankly speaking, I miss it a bit.
Hope, such a weather will not bring any troubles.
Greetings from Hungary,
Svetlana

Kaisievic said...

Love your snowzilla post, it looks like it was lots and lots of fun!