Thursday 14 February 2013

These Hands

In honour of Valentine's Day, you don't have to have a sweetheart to tell someone you love them.

These Hands
arthritis, hands
These hands held me as a baby.
These hands carried me when I was tired.
These hands comforted me when I cried.
These hands tucked me in bed.
These hands fed me when I wouldn't eat.
These hands held my hand when I walked.
These hands picked me up when I fell.
These hands helped me get dressed.
These hands scratched my back whenever I asked.
These hands spanked me when I needed it.
These hands helped me to swim.
These hands made my dolls clothes.
These hands knitted our treasured afghans.
These hands held all three of my babies.
These hands still make the German pancakes I love.
These hands still try to pinch my bottom.
These hands still hug me tight.
These hands, I love these hands.
I love you, Mom.
 

8 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful!

AnaCristina said...

Happy Valentine's Day for you and your family!

:-)

cris

Vickie said...

THAT was positively lovely.

Minnie said...

Happy Valentine's Day and may God continue to bless those hands and the person they are attached to.

JShelby said...

Best valentine's day post I've ever read

DJ said...

Aww...Astrid, you made me cry. I love how you love your Mom and how she loves you!! Happy Valentine's Day! *Hugs*

Linda said...

What a great post honoring your mom.

Linda

Mouse said...

awww that's lovely poem for your mum and german pancakes ??? love mouse xxxxx