Wednesday 26 December 2012

#1 Son - Stay out of the kitchen!


This mess was supposed to be a beautiful, orange-cranberry cake.  
 But when someone turns the oven off after the first 15 minutes, this is what you get!  I went to check on it when it was "supposed" to be close to being done and noticed that the oven was off.  I proceeded to have a raging, screaming fit find out what happened while DH turned the oven on again to finish baking it.  But the end result was that it totally stuck to the pan and I had to scrape the rest of it out.  So much for bringing this to our friend's open house!

  You'd think our #1 14 year old son would know how to turn off the timer and not the oven at this point in his life, but maybe not.  It could be partially my fault since I used the microwave timer for the oven (I like it better) and then he used the oven timer for his lunch.  Although he'll tell you he really didn't want the cake to go to the party, but stay here for us to eat.  Nice try... although it was still yummy!  Next time I make it, I'll make sure he stays out of the kitchen.

 Now this piece of work was also done by #1 son, he was 12 years old at the time.  While at the beach one summer, instead of putting the nuggets in the oven for 12 minutes, he put them in the microwave for 12 minutes.  I had nothing to do with this one and needless to say, the house stunk big time!
Now I know that these are only two incidents (that I'm aware of) that have happened, and normally he can be a help in the kitchen, but I will be keeping an eye on him in the future!

1 comment:

Jan said...

He'll probably become a world famous chef!