Tuesday 18 September 2012

Pinterest FAIL!


  I love pumpkin bread.  I love banana bread.  I do not like pumpkin banana bread!
At least not the recipe that I made it with.  I can't find where it was pinned, but since I'm not going to make it again, who cares!

I thought it looked good going in, but I will admit that when I tasted the batter I didn't like it.  I know I shouldn't taste raw batter - eggs - but just can't stop myself!

 When I first took it out of the oven, it looked pretty good.  I let it cool and when I went back to it, it had sunken in.  Should have known then.

*My take on the bread?  I thought I was being healthy by using mainly whole wheat flour and substituting Splenda for sugar, but maybe that's where I went wrong.  It was very dense and disappointing. 

*Others take on the bread?  Garrett said it reminded him of french toast, Griffin and Nathan wouldn't try it, and DH said it was like a brick - uh, that's not good.


*Would I make it again?  No!  At least not this recipe.  But I think I'll stick to my own banana bread recipe and keep making other pumpkin goodies.

More baking to come...

2 comments:

Nicola said...

What a shame. I recently found joyofbaking.com. I have baked several of her recipes and found then to be very good.

I particularly like the videos that go with the recipes.

Terri said...

Every time I've baked with wheat flour, the recipes call for honey instead of sugar, and I *thought* that you were supposed to use honey with WW flour. Maybe try it one more time with honey instead of splenda or sugar? Just a thought....

Pumpkin bread is my favorite, but I may have to try the pumpkin/banana one, too!!