Wednesday 9 November 2011

Paying it Forward, continued

I had a great morning today - I got a Pass it Forward, just for me!!!  I won a contest on DJ's blog and this it what she made for me!  I love dragons and this one is just adorable.  When I showed Nathan, he thought it was for him... not!  Then he said he wanted one and that I should copy it by taking a picture - sneaky boy!  Even the gmen were impressed.



 
  So now the "problem" is, where do I hang it?  I would love it in my bedroom, but then no one would see it.  The perfect room is in the dining room, near my dragon collection.  I'll need to reorganize a little, but I'll make it work!

Here's a close up of her, isn't she something?!
  
And DJ did the framing too... perks for working at a frame shop! 

Now comes the fun part - I get to choose the next person so I can PIF (Pass it forward).  I'll stitch something for the winner within the next year - BUT, if you win, you must be willing to have the same contest on your blog.



 So, please leave a comment on this post and I'll pick a winner on Saturday, November 19th.  And remember, you must be willing to stitch something for someone else in order to participate.

Don't forget about this one too, A Challenge for You.

 

This afternoon, I took Nathan to the grocery store to shop for our parish's monthly food drive.  We got one of those little basket you can pull along, but he wanted to push it instead.  He helped put everything in it, even tried to get a toy in there for himself!  He then scanned everything and helped bag it to take to school tomorrow.  Did he really understand what we were doing?  I don't know, but it will be a monthly event for us, so I hope it kicks in.

8 comments:

Veronica said...

Wow! Your Teacup Dragon is gorgeous. DJ did a fantastic job with it and the framing is perfect. Lucky you :)

Hugs,
Veronica.

DJ said...

Awww...that Nathan is a treasure! Happy Birthday big guy! He's learning a great lesson by your example, Astrid, all your boys are going to be great men, I can feel it! Glad you liked your dragon!

*Hugs*

Parsley said...

A dragon with a TEACUP! Perfect!

What a precious boy. Give him a hug from Parsley and tell him he's a great helper!

Penny said...

Your dragon is so pretty ~ what a lovely gift to receive!
What a sweet boy you have there! :)

Mouse said...

that is just my cup of tea with a dragon :) DJ did a fab job didn't she .. and you need it out to be admired with all your other dragons :)love mouse xxxx

Joysze said...

Wow, what a fantastic PIF gift.

Your Nathan is adorable!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love little Tempest, I was only looking at the chart this week thinking about stitching him.
You're so lucky having a dragon wall. All MY dragons are in My boys' rooms!

Astrids dragon said...

Who knew teacups and dragons went so well together!
I'll be picking a name tonight...