Thursday 27 January 2011

Let it Snow!

Well, we ended up with about 10 inches of snow yesterday/last night in my neck of the woods in Maryland, but nothing compared to last year!  I’ve heard we could be getting more next week – a “significant” winter storm.  Bring it on!











Our poor weeping cherry tree is really weeping.  I’m hoping we don’t lose it, but I’m not so sure.  We lost our first one during an ice storm about 12 years ago when we first moved into our house.
View of the front yard this morning, with the sun shining through the trees.  I love the snow, it makes the dead of winter sparkle.

Unfortunately, our neighbors’ pine trees lost quite a few limbs and one of them took out our basketball light.  But between the snow and the cold, we won’t need it until the spring.
I thought I should throw in a cross stitch related piece and this is the closest thing I have.  As much as I love snowmen and have a small collection of them, I haven’t stitched any yet.  I do have a pattern that’s on my “wishful thinking” list and I'm sure I can find more!

1 comment:

DJ said...

Oh....I do hope your tree survives, they look so sad when they droop so low!! I think we lost a cedar in the back yard. *sigh* Oh...so sorry about your basketball light...is it fixable? I sure missed the power when it went out....especially when I had to entertain my 15 yr old! LOL It was kind of fun though, we HAD to pay attention to each other, there was nothing else to do! Too bad we weren't within walking distance, we could stitch together when we get snowed in!! Very cute bear! I'm wondering which snowman is on your wishful thinking list?? *hugs*