Friday 21 January 2011

Gingerbread Creations

I found this one while going through my box of old cross stitch magazines.  I started it for my friend, Purshina, my gingerbread house partner.  I must have gotten sidetracked along the way and then forgot about it.  Thankfully, December is a long way away so I’m hoping to finish it THIS year so I can give it to her as a surprise!

We used to make gingerbread houses together, but it’s been a long time since we’ve done it.  Of course, that was before I had the boys and my carefree days were still carefree!  Now there are new gingerbread houses to be made, with three eager boys to help create new memories.
And here is Nathan’s masterpiece he made in preschool.
      Before – decorated  /  After – all the good bits eaten!

3 comments:

Kathy Bradford said...

Ijust saw your gingerbread house ornament and fell in love with it Can you tell me what chart this is and how I can get it I have a dd who has her whole kitchen done in gingerbread theme and I would love to make it for her She has had some really bad times lately and I know how much she would like it If you could e-mail me the information I would so appreciate I read your blog from another blog please e-mail me at katdar44@gmail.com with gingerbread in the subject Sincerely Kathy B in Ohio

DJ said...

Aww...what memories you must have with your boys making gingerbread houses!! Such good looking young men!! I'm looking forward to Tuesday now! Let's hope the snow stays away!! *hugs*

♥ Nia said...

I love gingerbreads! So cute =)
But last year I made actually ginger cookies and I found out that.. I don't like ginger flavor! LOL! Now I make chocolate gingerbreads ;) hahaha